About Our Practice
The new offices at Astoria Family Orthodontics represent a fresh, contemporary
approach in dental facilities. Our patients relax in our treatment area
with floor to ceiling windows and offer Nintendo DS game systems chairside.
Our friendly, well-trained staff cultivates a relaxed atmosphere ensuring
your comfort at all times.
Get to know our doctors, our team and
our services better.
Dr. Robert J. Lopatkin and staff welcome you and your family to Astoria
Family Orthodontics! We hope you will enjoy getting to know our wonderful
staff and familiarizing yourself with the excellent work that we do. Our office
has a strong reputation for providing the highest quality orthodontic
treatment in the Queens area. Through a close association with your family
dentist, we strive to improve your oral health and appearance. We believe
that both children and adults can enhance their lives by achieving a beautiful
and lasting smile.
Our website provides you with an overview of our orthodontic practice and
the field of orthodontics. As you navigate our site, you will find information about our
insurance policies, and appointment scheduling procedures. Please browse our site
at your convenience and feel free to contact us with any qestions. You
can also request that one of our receptionists call you to set up an appointment
The goal of our orthodontic team is efficiently deliver the most beautiful,
healthy smiles possible in a professional, yet relaxed and caring environment.
Astoria Family Orthodontics is state-of-the-art while offering a fun,
family-oreinted atmosphere. Our treatment philosophy centers on delivering
the best possible care in the most proficient manner. We provide treatment
that is backed by solid, scientific research in order to achieve the highest
outcomes. It is very important to us that you feel comfortable with the
treatment plan developed and encourage you to ask questions if you have any.
What Makes Astoria Family Orthodontics Different?
Dr. Lopatkin and Dr. Varriale are orthodontic specialists: They are Board
Certified Orthodontists by the
American Board of Orthodontics; this national certification is determined by a vigorous examination process
and is the highest recognition in the field of Orthodontics.
- Trusted Experience: We are proud of the healthy and beautiful smiles we
have created since 1987
FREE initial exam appointments! See if orthodontics is right for you!
- We offer high quality treatments that are affordable
We offer convenient and affordable
- Personal attention and open communication from every member of our team
- We offer many options like Invisalign & Invisalign Teen; which is similar
to the price of braces and require fewer visits!
- We keep excellent communication with your primary dental provider or specialist
to ensure overall dental health
Treatment fees with no hidden charges! Our fee quotes cover all appointments,
appliances, in-office procedures,
emergency visits, and
- We offer multiple family discounts!
- For your convenience, we are open Wednesday evening and two Saturdays a month
office is conveniently located in Astoria, with all public transportation nearby.
- Astoria Family Orthodontics has been designed with you, our patients, in
mind to provide the highest quality of care. Our patients sit in our large
and spacious waiting room, and our treatment area is open-spaced with
floor to ceiling windows.
- Appointment reminders: our automated system calls you the day before your
appointment. You can confirm or cancel your appointment right on the phone!
- We have gaming systems at every station for our younger patients to enjoy!
- We follow the guidelines for sterilization and patient safety mandated
by the CDC, OSHA and the State of New York. We use disposable tools and
materials whenever feasible and what tools must be re-used are always
thoroughly cleaned and sterilized in between each patient.
- Our new state-of-the-art digital imaging devices deliver the absolute minimum
amount of radiation possible with today’s technology. These images
can be viewed immediately on our computer monitors throughout the office.
- You can surf the web on your personal electronic devices via our Wifi Hotspot
or have a beverage at our coffee bar
- The “ Wooden Nickel Contest”: Dr. Lopatkin has a great program
that helps to promote good oral hygiene and cooperation with our patients.
Patients can collect wooden nickels and trade it in for great prizes!
Dr. Lopatkin and
Staff constantly attend continuing education and seminars